March 22, 2016
France: Worries on massive log exports to Asia
The log exports from France gathers 15% of the national forest’s assets. Yet, it provides only 3% added value, according to Fédération Nationale du Bois (FNB). China alone accounts for 1 million m3 log exports and this represents € 800 million loss value and 40 million of tax and social security revenues lost for France, as FNB says. Another important issue is that exporting the unprocessed logs attracts jobs losses in France. In terms of added value, the ratio is 1 to 10 in favor of the industry. Thus, 10 000 m3 of logs ...
Register for unlimited access
We work hard to bring you the latest news in the world of international wood industry. The article you are currently reading is available only to registered users.
By registering you gain access to:
- Thousands of quality articles
- In-depth analyses of market trends
- Exclusive market price insights
- And much more!
All this for only 248 EURO/year!(approximately $ 272.51, Paypal exchange rate)
- Companies in the timber industry / Daily News / Global Trends / Market Analysis / Forestry / Lumber / Pulp & Paper / Sawmilling / Statistics / Wood Products / Africa / Asia & Middle East / Australia and Pacific Region / China / Europe / Global / North America / Russia / South America
- Companies in the timber industry / Daily News / Global Trends / Market Analysis / Wood Industry Prices / Forestry / Lumber / Price analysis and info / Pulp & Paper / Sawmilling / Statistics / Wood Products / Asia & Middle East / Australia and Pacific Region / China / Europe / Global / North America / Russia