May 29, 2018
Softwood lumber and logs imports to China tripled during the last 10 years
Softwood logs and softwood lumber imports to China have more than tripled in ten years with lumber volumes surpassing logs by 36% in 2017. As reported by the Wood Resource Quarterly, China imported record high volumes of softwood logs and lumber in 2017, making the country the largest log importer in the world and the second largest lumber importer after the US. Over the past two years, there has been a sharp shift towards importing lumber rather than logs, with lumber volumes in 2017 exceeding logs by 36%. With limited domestic forest ...
Register for unlimited access
We work hard to bring you the latest news in the world of international wood industry. The article you are currently reading is available only to registered users.
By registering you gain access to:
- Thousands of quality articles
- In-depth analyses of market trends
- Exclusive market price insights
- And much more!
All this for only 248 EURO/year!(approximately $ 272.51, Paypal exchange rate)
- Daily News / Global Trends / Market Analysis / Wood Industry Prices / Forestry / Price analysis and info / Sawmilling / Statistics / Wood Products / Asia & Middle East / Australia and Pacific Region / China / Europe / Global / North America / Russia / South America
- Companies in the timber industry / Daily News / Global Trends / Market Analysis / Forestry / Lumber / Pulp & Paper / Sawmilling / Statistics / Wood Products / Africa / Asia & Middle East / Australia and Pacific Region / China / Europe / Global / North America / Russia / South America