Companies in the timber industry / Daily News / Global Trends / Wood Industry Prices / Forestry / Lumber / Price analysis and info / Sawmilling / Wood Products / Global / Russia
March 24, 2020
Logging companies in difficulty in Russia due to warm winter; wood prices expected to rise 20%
Due to the abnormally warm winter in Russia, a shortage of wood raw materials has formed. Logging equipment sometimes could not enter the forest. The lack of ice crossings and the poor condition of timber roads have caused problems in wood transportation. In the Arkhangelsk region, for example, less than one-third of the planned ice road connections have been opened. Forest managers of the Arkhangelsk region appealed to the authorities of the region for support. Representatives of the forest business voiced their requests at a meeting in the government of the Arkhangelsk region. Companies are ...
Register for unlimited access
We work hard to bring you the latest news in the world of international wood industry. The article you are currently reading is available only to registered users.
By registering you gain access to:
- Thousands of quality articles
- In-depth analyses of market trends
- Exclusive market price insights
- And much more!
All this for only 248 EURO/year!(approximately $ 272.51, Paypal exchange rate)
- Companies in the timber industry / Daily News / Global Trends / Market Analysis / Wood Industry Prices / Forestry / Lumber / Price analysis and info / Sawmilling / Statistics / Wood Products / Europe / Global
- Companies in the timber industry / Daily News / Global Trends / Market Analysis / Forestry / Lumber / Price analysis and info / Sawmilling / Statistics / Wood Products / Asia & Middle East / Australia and Pacific Region / China / Europe / Global / North America / Russia / South America