Daily News / Global Trends / Market Analysis / Forestry / Lumber / Pulp & Paper / Sawmilling / Wood flooring / Wood Products / Wood-based panels / Africa / Asia & Middle East / Australia and Pacific Region / China / Europe / Global / North America / Russia / South America
April 28, 2021
International wood markets volatility
Over the last six months we have witnessed one of the most volatile periods in forest product markets we've seen in recent times. Log export prices started increasing from the second half of 2020, as did freight rates. This seemed contradictory given the world suffered a major shock to its economic system, not unlike the financial crisis of 2009 to which it is often compared. The response to the coronavirus pandemic interrupted production, forced businesses to close and workers were laid off. Once the threat was established, China quickly took action ...
Register for unlimited access
We work hard to bring you the latest news in the world of international wood industry. The article you are currently reading is available only to registered users.
By registering you gain access to:
- Thousands of quality articles
- In-depth analyses of market trends
- Exclusive market price insights
- And much more!
All this for only 248 EURO/year!(approximately $ 272.51, Paypal exchange rate)
- Companies in the timber industry / Daily News / Global Trends / Market Analysis / Wood Industry Prices / Forestry / Lumber / Price analysis and info / Pulp & Paper / Sawmilling / Statistics / Wood Products / Asia & Middle East / Australia and Pacific Region / China / Europe / Global / North America / Russia
- Daily News / Global Trends / Market Analysis / Forestry / Lumber / Sawmilling / Statistics / Wood construction / Wood flooring / Wood pellets / Wood Products / Wood-based panels / Woodworking machinery / Europe / Global