Samko Timber Limited (Jakarta, Indonesia) has developed ‘Heveatec’, which is LVL made of planted rubber wood. Samko plans to market the product in Japan. The rubber log is peeled by lathe to make 1.7 mm thick veneer, then low molecular phenol resin is impregnated and veneers are pressed with glue under high temperature to make LVL. The orthogonal sheet is inserted in the third layer to make better dimensional stability. Since resin is impregnated to conducted vessel, it gives high durability and strong resistance to beetle damage. Basic sizes are thickness ...
Register for unlimited access
We work hard to bring you the latest news in the world of international wood industry. The article you are currently reading is available only to registered users.
By registering you gain access to:
- Thousands of quality articles
- In-depth analyses of market trends
- Exclusive market price insights
- And much more!
All this for only 248 EURO/year!(approximately $ 272.51, Paypal exchange rate)
- Daily News / Global Trends / Forestry / Lumber / Sawmilling / Wood construction / Wood pellets / Wood Products / Africa / Asia & Middle East / Australia and Pacific Region / China / Europe / Global / North America / Russia / South America
- Companies in the timber industry / Daily News / Global Trends / Market Analysis / Wood Industry Prices / Forestry / Lumber / Price analysis and info / Pulp & Paper / Sawmilling / Statistics / Wood Products / Asia & Middle East / Australia and Pacific Region / China / Europe / Global / North America / Russia