Daily News / Global Trends / Market Analysis / Forestry / Lumber / Sawmilling / Wood Products / Australia and Pacific Region / China / Europe / Global / Russia
July 17, 2020
European damaged wood invades the Chinese timber market
Chinese timber imports fell by 21% in the first five months of 2020. Instead of 17.5 million m³, China imported only 13.9 million m³ from January to May. While the main suppliers, New Zealand (-30%) and Russia (-42%), lost a lot, the Europeans managed to increase their exports by 128% to 3.8 million m³. Germany exported almost 2.3 million m3 of logs within five months. According to China Customs, this is 211% more than in the previous year. The Czech Republic achieved a similar result: 1.1 million m3 and ...
Register for unlimited access
We work hard to bring you the latest news in the world of international wood industry. The article you are currently reading is available only to registered users.
By registering you gain access to:
- Thousands of quality articles
- In-depth analyses of market trends
- Exclusive market price insights
- And much more!
All this for only 248 EURO/year!(approximately $ 272.51, Paypal exchange rate)
- Daily News / Global Trends / Market Analysis / Wood Industry Prices / Forestry / Lumber / Price analysis and info / Sawmilling / Statistics / Wood Products / Africa / Asia & Middle East / Australia and Pacific Region / China / Europe / Global / North America / Russia
- Companies in the timber industry / Daily News / Global Trends / Market Analysis / Forestry / Lumber / Sawmilling / Statistics / Wood Products / Australia and Pacific Region / China / Europe / Global / Russia / South America