Daily News / Global Trends / Market Analysis / Wood Industry Prices / Forestry / Lumber / Price analysis and info / Sawmilling / Wood construction / Wood Products / Global / North America
August 19, 2021
Is the Delta variant able to disrupt US lumber supply again?
Pandemic-related labor shortages had a substantial impact on sawmill output and productivity and ultimately contributed to record wood products price hikes. Production and shipping capacity were heavily hampered by the Covid-19 quarantine guidelines and rising positive virus cases at business operations. Unable to remedy with added shifts and overtime, mills struggled to ramp up production in response to the surprising and sudden housing demand for much of 2020 and early 2021. Understaffed sawmills initially struggled to respond to the DIY boom and housing market demand Although, similar scenarios played out ...
Register for unlimited access
We work hard to bring you the latest news in the world of international wood industry. The article you are currently reading is available only to registered users.
By registering you gain access to:
- Thousands of quality articles
- In-depth analyses of market trends
- Exclusive market price insights
- And much more!
All this for only 248 EURO/year!(approximately $ 272.51, Paypal exchange rate)
- Daily News / Global Trends / Market Analysis / Wood Industry Prices / Forestry / Lumber / Price analysis and info / Sawmilling / Statistics / Wood construction / Wood Products / Asia & Middle East / Australia and Pacific Region / China / Europe / Global / North America / Russia / South America
- Companies in the timber industry / Daily News / Global Trends / Forestry / Lumber / Sawmilling / Wood Products / Africa / Asia & Middle East / Australia and Pacific Region / China / Europe / Global / North America / South America