Daily News / Global Trends / Market Analysis / Lumber / Sawmilling / Wood construction / Wood Products / Europe / Global
January 28, 2021
Brexit causes a shortage of sawn timber and building materials in the UK
The supply chain in the United Kingdom is under pressure from a combination of high demand for materials caused by the booming housing market and disruption caused by Brexit and the pandemic. Sawn timber prices have risen by an average of 20 per cent, while some roofing products are unavailable until August, according to members of UK's Builders Merchants Federation (BMF). The trade body, which represents 760 merchant and suppliers companies in Britain, said that high demand, escalating prices for shipping and delays at some British ports were all having a ...
Register for unlimited access
We work hard to bring you the latest news in the world of international wood industry. The article you are currently reading is available only to registered users.
By registering you gain access to:
- Thousands of quality articles
- In-depth analyses of market trends
- Exclusive market price insights
- And much more!
All this for only 248 EURO/year!(approximately $ 272.51, Paypal exchange rate)
- Companies in the timber industry / Daily News / Global Trends / Market Analysis / Wood Industry Prices / Forestry / Lumber / Price analysis and info / Sawmilling / Statistics / Wood Products / Europe / Global
- Daily News / Global Trends / Market Analysis / Wood Industry Prices / Forestry / Price analysis and info / Sawmilling / Statistics / Wood Products / Asia & Middle East / Australia and Pacific Region / China / Europe / Global / North America / Russia / South America