Companies in the timber industry / Daily News / Global Trends / Market Analysis / Forestry / Lumber / Sawmilling / Wood Products / China / Global / North America
November 14, 2019
B.C. forest industry trade mission finds new markets in China
B.C. forest products continue to find a growing market in China as diplomatic tensions with Canada have eased. Speaking to reporters from Tokyo on Wednesday, Forests Minister Doug Donaldson said his delegation of 35 forest company executives completed their visit to Shanghai with good trade prospects, after attending the Sino-Canadian Wood Forum. High-grade B.C. wood producers are focused on furniture manufacturers as well as the more established Chinese markets of Whistler-style resort construction and wooden infill walls that reduce the country’s massive use of concrete and improve earthquake resilience.  ...
Register for unlimited access
We work hard to bring you the latest news in the world of international wood industry. The article you are currently reading is available only to registered users.
By registering you gain access to:
- Thousands of quality articles
- In-depth analyses of market trends
- Exclusive market price insights
- And much more!
All this for only 248 EURO/year!(approximately $ 272.51, Paypal exchange rate)
- Daily News / Global Trends / Market Analysis / Wood Industry Prices / Forestry / Lumber / Price analysis and info / Sawmilling / Statistics / Africa / Asia & Middle East / Australia and Pacific Region / China / Europe / Global / North America / Russia
- Daily News / Global Trends / Market Analysis / Forestry / Furniture / Lumber / Price analysis and info / Pulp & Paper / Sawmilling / Statistics / Wood construction / Wood flooring / Wood Products / Wood-based panels / Woodworking machinery / China / Global / North America